DP Gezina and DP Galyna
DP Gezina and DP Galyna are two DP 2 support vessels with Ampelmann Heave Compensated gangway. The vessels are diesel electric driven and have a very high focus on crew welfare, safety and efficiency.
New 2016 Upgrades
Using client feedback and our own experience DP Gezina and DP Galyna have been upgraded:
- A second retractable bow thruster has been fitted to increase station keeping and Ampelmann workability.
- An additional deck has been fitted to create additional deck space and an covered storage area.
- The number of beds has been increased to 70 POB including crew.
- An optional pedestal below the Ampelmann to connect up to 23 m above the waterline.
Speed of transfers
DP Gezina and DP Galyna are highly maneuverable. Therefore connecting gangway, transfer of personnel and disconnecting of the gangway and sailing to the next turbine goes very fast. Our vessels routinely exceed 50 individual gangway connections per day. This exceeds the performance of comparable vessels easily. This performance makes even a crew boat look slow.
- Permanently installed Ampelmann Heave Compensated Gangway XL
- Located in the center of the ship
- Connecting to platforms over both sides of the vessel
- Connecting 19 m above waterline on Gezina and 23 m on Galyna
- Operational up to 3.20 m waves